COVID-19: Information, Resources and FAQs
February 01 2021
The safety of our members, staff and visitors is our top priority during these challenging times.
THE COLLEGE CONTINUES ITS WORK VIRTUALLY, WHILE THE PHYSICAL OFFICE REMAINS CLOSED TO LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
The safety of our members, staff and visitors is our top priority, which is why our physical office remains closed.
The College continues to conduct business virtually, including processing applications, as quickly as possible, although with some delays.
Our contact centre is open virtually to assist you from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, at 416.961.8800 (toll-free in Ontario at 1.888.534.2222).
As well, our Council and committees continue to meet, though meetings are being held virtually.
We have taken these measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19 in compliance with the prevention measures outlined by the federal, provincial and municipal governments.
To further assist you, the following links to a variety of information and resources are provided for your reference:
MESSAGES TO MEMBERS & APPLICANTS
- February 1, 2021: Temporary Certificate of Qualification and Registration
- December 11, 2020: New certificate helps province address COVID-19-related teacher shortage
- September 2, 2020: A Message from the College
- April 24, 2020: Changes to certification requirements due to COVID-19
- April 8, 2020: Message to Members and Applicants
- Professional Advisories
- Video Conferencing Guidelines
- College library: members can access a wide assortment of ebooks and research options
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Anxiety Canada
- CAMH – Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Educational Programming